For all kids around the world, summer is the time for chocolates and lollipops, for cola and ice creams, for endless fun outdoors, and many other pleasant activities and foods. As a result, sometimes, tooth decay, various traumas and other problems can arise. That is why kid’s dental care is extremely important in this time of year. Dental experts created a list of the most essential tips for dental care for kids, which should be taken into account by every today’s mom and dad all through summer and further.
- Make your child eat special detergent foods on a regular basis. Such fruits as apples, carrots or pears, can work as a toothbrush: refresh and clean your child’s mouth after eating chocolate, candies and other sweet foods. The veggies and fruit rich in fiber can clean up food particles stored between child’s teeth, this way preventing tooth decay. Give your child such detergent foods after every meal.
- Let your child enjoy plenty of fresh fruit and veggies in summer. Try to make your child drink less of cola, soda or industrially manufactured juices as they are packed with harmful chemicals. Instead, let him drink healthy freshly squeezed fruit juices. Also, help your kid develop a habit of rinsing his mouth after drinking any sort of juice.
- Have a variety of ready vegetable salads and sliced fruit for your kid. A great number of fruit and veggies are available in summer, and make your child choose healthy snacks instead of all those chips and chocolate bars.
- Help your child develop a habit of using a fluoride mouthwash to reduce chances of tooth decay. It is a very important element of every kid’s dental care. You can buy special mouthwashes for little kids which will protect your child’s teeth from cavities.
- Allow your child using sugar-free chewing gums. Chewing for 10-15 minutes can help in cleaning the teeth, removing food particles, washing away dangerous dental bacteria and preventing tooth decay. Besides, chewing stimulates saliva production and can improve digestion. One more benefit of using chewing gums: as long as your child has it in his mouth, there are no calls for eating chips, chocolate bars or other unhealthy foods, which can affect kid’s dental health greatly.
- Do not forget about regular brushing. It is essential to develop this habit since the early childhood. Explain your child that toothpastes strengthen the tooth enamel, protect from tooth decay and many serious dental problems. Use soft brush for your kid’s dental care. Let your kid brush the teeth like you do, two times a day: in the morning before the breakfast, and in the evening before the bedtime.